Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 Before 30 - Months 4 and 5

I'm a little behind in blogging about my 30 Before 30 project. Time has just flown! I can't believe that it's November already!

It's been a slow last few months for the project after a pretty busy summer.

Mid-September we took a family trip to the Mill City Farmers' Market. We went with our friends, the Imbodens. Although it was an unseasonably chilly day, we had a great time. I loved that the food was clearly local and fresh. So many delicious smells and sights to take in! We enjoyed mochas from a little coffee shop, meandered through the market, and warmed up a bit in the Guthrie. It was a great time, and we will definitely go back next year when it's warmer!

Also during the last couple months, I put the finishing touches on my very first photo book. It turned out great! It's an ABC book for Linnea, filled with our pictures, with words of Mama's choice. Linnea likes it too - I think she likes seeing herself in a book. This will not be my last photo book. Next up will be a book of Linnea's first year...a much bigger undertaking!).

At the end of September, Jeromy and I headed out with our WOWZA/MANZA friends for dinner. The dinner was strategically planned - for a place that had a mechanical bull!! I was a bit surprised that when it got down to it, I was a little nervous! But on I went for a ride. It was much harder than it looked. The bull was very jerky, and whipped me around like crazy. I managed to stay on for a little while before getting bucked off. A few other friends took a turn, and then I had one more try. I don't know if this is something I'll do again, but I've always wanted to try it - and I'm glad I did.

In October I hosted the first of hopefully several craft nights. In preparation, I bought some basic crochet materials. My dear friend Kirstyn taught  me how to get started with crochet. I've been practicing and getting a bit better - it's a work in progress right now!

The last couple months also had two new recipes - both were pretty good, if I do say so myself. First, Avocado Chicken Parmesan. This was one of my favorite recipes I've made so far! It's tasty, and I like that it looks fancy, even thought it's fairly simple to make.

In October, I made Spinach Fettuccine. It ended up okay, although I got stressed out when I was making it, so I was pretty crabby by the time we ate. I have a few changes I'll make if I make it again - which I probably will.

I also crossed off a few more movies - Big at the very beginning of September, then the first of the Star Wars trilogy, and Field of Dreams. Big was my favorite out of those - gotta love Tom Hanks!

All in all, a good couple months - although I gotta get going on some more thing to keep the momentum going. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Helen Handley said...

Becky- you are awesome. I wish we lived closer...don't know why we never got to know each other better in college...someday perhaps!!

Becky said...

I totally feel the same way, Helen!! Anytime you are in the Cities, let me know! We would have a good time!