Tuesday, May 29, 2012

30 Before 30...

As I approached my 29th birthday, I realized there were a lot of things I hadn't yet done in my life. For those who know me well, you know that indulging in myself is not something that comes  very easily for me. I have a hard time taking the time, energy, and money to do stuff for me. I decided it was time to get better at it.

So I created a list of 30 things that I will do before I turn 30. For the most part, the things are not super extravagant. It's not meant to be a list of the most fun, crazy, etc. things I could do before I turn 30. Rather, it's a list of 30 things I've always wanted to do, that for whatever reason I haven't allowed myself to do, or simply have not taken the time to do them. In some cases the things seem little and trivial (and maybe they are). But they are things I've always wanted to do. It's not a bucket list - I don't believe "my life is over" at 30. Quite the opposite in fact...perhaps it's just begun! :-) I plan to provide updates throughout the next year...so stay tuned!

Food & Cooking
1. Eat a Juicy Lucy at The Blue Door Pub.
2. Buy food from a food truck.
3. Dine at a hibachi restaurant.
4. Gain confidence in cooking, by cooking one new recipe/month on my own.
5. Have a lobster dinner.

Around Town
 6. Go to Mill City Market.
7. Explore the Walker Sculpture Garden.
8. Visit Midtown Global Market.
9. Take a trip to Fort Snelling.
10.  Go on a tour of the Surly Brewing Co.

Crafts, Hobbies, & Projects
11.  Hide a cache on my own.
12.  Crochet something.
13.   Create and order a photo book.
14.   Make a t-shirt quilt (or at least start it).
15.  Learn how to string my guitar.

Health & Fitness
16.   Participate in a mud run.
17.   Try water skiing (again).
18.   Try a new winter sport or two… skijoring, downhill skiing, and/or snowboarding.
19.   Climb a rock wall.
20.  Take a belly dance or hip-hop class.

Self-Care/Wellness
21.   Have a pamper day – at least 2 spa services and a meal out in one day.
22.   Get eyebrows waxed or threaded.
23.   Get a professional bra fitting done.
24.   Have a LASIK consultation.
25.   Get a make-up consultation.

Entertainment/Fun/Misc.
26.   Complete the 20 Before 30 movie list. **
27.   Take a carriage/sleigh ride.
28.   Go on a hot air balloon ride.
29.   Ride a mechanical bull.
30.  Learn how to drive a stick shift.

**
  1. The Goonies
  2. Back to the Future series
  3. Star Wars trilogy
  4. Sixteen Candles
  5. Top Gun
  6. Pretty in Pink
  7. ET
  8. The Princess Bride
  9. Schindler’s List
  10. Field of Dreams
  11. Ghost
  12. Footloose
  13. Good Will Hunting
  14. Rain Man
  15. Big
  16. Pulp Fiction
  17. Can’t Buy Me Love
  18. Zoolander
  19. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
  20. Ghostbusters

2 comments:

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I love this! You've already completed some, correct?

Becky said...

Yup, I have! I'm working on an update post right now. Stay tuned!